Yahoo! Sports - NBA - Portland Trail Blazers News

Sunday, July 8, 2007

greg oden blog from 7 days ago

I'm in Portland, Oregon. it is a very beautiful place, a place that i can now call home for a long time. Being drafted # 1 is great but to be drafted by Portland and # 1 is the best thing in the world. I'm feeling really good right now in my life. I'm finishing off the greatest year of my life. Enough about my feelings, let me tell you about how great the place im going to be living is and representing for sometime. The summers here are the greatest thing in the world. It rarely rains in the summer, the temperature is always perfect, there is no humidity, and when there's a breeze, you can feel it. Now the winters on the other hand, that's a different story. I haven't experienced it but from what people have told me, it rains but not very hard, and not a lot at a time just slow drizzled spread out through a long time. I'm sure i'll be able to handle it.

The people here are great, they love their Trailblazers. When i got here i went to the Rose Garden and met the staff, they all had on ODEN shirts and gave me a big welcome. I loved all of it. They showed me the video of what had happened draft night when people went crazy and stormed the court after they called my name. The staff is really cool. i cant wait to get to know all of them. After i met the staff the staff and i went to downtown Portland where they had a rally for me. There was a whole lot of people there. When i'm in interviews and i say i dont want to put a lot of pressure on myself, it is very hard when you see all of these people and the excitement they have for the Trailblazers, how they look at me as the savior. It's hard cause you want to be, to make everyone happy and just have a good time and enjoy basketball. A lot of people do not get to do that for there city or themselves. The rally was fun. i got to introduce my family. I introduced my brother first so he got all excited. He thinks he's gonna get every lady in Portland now. After the rally i went and did media, where the length of the week really hit me. I just had nothing in me, but after that i had a photo shoot, jumbo tron video and an audio voice over. Actually the guys who were doing all that stuff gave me energy so those were fun. I also got to see one of my good friends that night, Josh McRoberts. He's here with me and thats gonna make everything that much better. To be here in this great city with one of my good friends is awesome. I love it here and i'm glad to represent this city and i will do everything in my power to give this team the chance to bring back a NBA championship, and i know it will not be easy.

No comments: