Yahoo! Sports - NBA - Portland Trail Blazers News

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Oden foul trouble cause for concern?

I was unable to watch the first summer league game because the webcast was blacked out in my area (must have been on NBATV?). I did however see the box score and highlights and read ESPN to see that Greg Oden, the next big man of the NBA, struggle with fouls and foul out with 10 fouls! Should we as blazer fans be concerned about Greg?
The answer is no of course, I do believe that it might take Greg a bit more time than most people expect to adjust to the NBA game, remember he struggled in college with fouls throughout the tournament. I see no reason to be concerned after one game either, I think most of these people need to be quiet and patient to see what he can do. Greg will bounce back in this summer league and will eventually be the dominant big man in the NBA, the truth is after one game no one can really judge how well this rookie season will turn out until it happens. I for one am not concerned and think people need to wait and see, do you think Seattle is worried about Durant going 5-17 with only 1 rebound and literally no other stats?, I think not we all know he can score and we all know Oden will be a beast.

No comments: